Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by James liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/17 05:53:36 UTC

how to check index's data

lucene's index can be checked by lukeall.jar;

how to check solr's index?

Re: how to check index's data

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I find solrphp is problem.
:
: i use post.sh£¬£¬it can index data and i can use luke

post.sh does a commit automatically after sending docs, i don't know much
about PHP but doing a quick grep of http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrUpdate
i don't see anywhere in the addIndex method you mentioned that it does a
commit ... i tink you are expected to call the sendCommit function
yourself.

A quick way to check if any docs have been added to your index is to look
at the statistics page...

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/stats.jsp

...if any documents have ever been added you should see a non-zero value
for "maxDocs" in the "CORE" section ... if there are currently some
non-deleted docs you should see a non-zero value for "numDocs" as well.

the other important section to look at is the "UPDATE HANDLERS" section
... if that "commits" count is 0 then your client code has never sent a
commit - the docsPending and deletesPending numbers will tell you how many
commands it has recieved that it hasn't done yet because it's waiting for
a commit.

-Hoss

Re: how to check index's data

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
I find solrphp is problem.

i use post.sh,,it can index data and i can use luke

Re: how to check index's data

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
i just modify addIndex,,,,

if i index data,i can see "updated"...

function addIndex($resultarray) {
$dom_string = '<add>
  <doc>
      <field name="id">111</field>
    <field name="pname">jl</field>
    <field name="pdepart">jldepart</field>
    <field name="pcompany">jlcompany</field>
  </doc>
  <doc>
      <field name="id">112</field>
    <field name="pname">ben</field>
    <field name="pdepart">bendepart</field>
    <field name="pcompany">bencompany</field>
  </doc>
  <doc>
      <field name="id">113</field>
    <field name="pname">gf</field>
    <field name="pdepart">gfdepart</field>
    <field name="pcompany">gfcompany</field>
  </doc>
</add>';
                if ($dom_string) {
                        $ok = $this->sendUpdate($dom_string);
                        echo 'updated<br>';
                } else {
                        echo "Error with xml document";
                        print_r($resultarray);
                }
                return $ok;
        }

Re: how to check index's data

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
1: my lucene index will have _1.cfs,deletable,segments,,,,and solr just only
segments,,,am i wrong? luke can't open solr's index,and can open lucene's

2:   i m sure commit after adddocs.

Re: how to check index's data

Re: how to check index's data

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.