Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Don Stinchfield <de...@rbii.com> on 2002/08/14 20:39:39 UTC

HTTP Request Defaults: follow redirects not working for me

I've selected "follow redirects" in the HTTP Request Defaults.  I expect any
redirects from the server to be automatically followed by jmeter.  But
that doesn't seem to be happening.

Workaround: Select follow redirect option on the http request.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Is there a better workaround?

Regards,
Don

Re: HTTP Request Defaults: follow redirects not working for me

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
The HTTP Defaults only overrides text fields that are empty, like domain, path, arguments,
port.  Radio buttons and checkboxes don't get overriden because they already have values
(true or false).

I don't see a simple way around that, unfortunately.  You could do a search and replace on
the saved *.jmx file to change all the values quickly - I've done that before.

-Mike

On 14 Aug 2002 at 14:39, Don Stinchfield wrote:

> I've selected "follow redirects" in the HTTP Request Defaults.  I expect any
> redirects from the server to be automatically followed by jmeter.  But
> that doesn't seem to be happening.
>
> Workaround: Select follow redirect option on the http request.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem?  Is there a better workaround?
>
> Regards,
> Don

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org