Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/11/24 20:08:31 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsTags" by FrankZammetti

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by FrankZammetti:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsTags

  == Ajax Tags ==

+ AjaxTags is an enhanced version of the standard Struts HTML taglibs that provides an easy way to add AJAX functionality to an existing struts app through a completely declarative approach (read: it's all an XML config file).  This enhanced taglib provides 100% compatibility with the normal HTML taglib and in fact requires NO changes to existing pages UNTIL you want to add AJAX functions.
+
+ The original AjaxTags project, which is still available on the Struts Apps SourceForge page at http://struts.sourceforge.net is **DEPRECATED** in favor of the AjaxTags subcomponent of the Java Web Parts (JWP) project at http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net.  AjaxTags in JWP is a much more powerful and flexible version of the original concept and IS NOT STRUTS-SPECIFIC like the original was.  While the original version is still available, it is no longer being developed and will likely NOT work with future Struts versions.
+
+ It is HIGHLY recommended that the AjaxTags in JWP be used if this is something you are interested in as you will definitely find it more feature-rich and just as easy to use, and it IS being supported and further developed (I will still support the original version as much as I can, but at a lower priority than the version in JWP).
+

Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsTags" by FrankZammetti

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Dakota Jack wrote:
> Good show, Frank!  Do you ever sleep?

Not much these days...  Trying to keep all the balls in the air is
taking more and more time lately :)

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsTags" by FrankZammetti

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Good show, Frank!  Do you ever sleep?

On 11/24/05, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Struts Wiki" for
> change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by FrankZammetti:
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsTags

>   == Ajax Tags ==
>
> + AjaxTags is an enhanced version of the standard Struts HTML taglibs that
> provides an easy way to add AJAX functionality to an existing struts app
> through a completely declarative approach (read: it's all an XML config
> file).  This enhanced taglib provides 100% compatibility with the normal
> HTML taglib and in fact requires NO changes to existing pages UNTIL you want
> to add AJAX functions.
> +
> + The original AjaxTags project, which is still available on the Struts
> Apps SourceForge page at http://struts.sourceforge.net is **DEPRECATED**
> in favor of the AjaxTags subcomponent of the Java Web Parts (JWP) project at
> http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net.  AjaxTags in JWP is a much more
> powerful and flexible version of the original concept and IS NOT
> STRUTS-SPECIFIC like the original was.  While the original version is still
> available, it is no longer being developed and will likely NOT work with
> future Struts versions.
> +
> + It is HIGHLY recommended that the AjaxTags in JWP be used if this is
> something you are interested in as you will definitely find it more
> feature-rich and just as easy to use, and it IS being supported and further
> developed (I will still support the original version as much as I can, but
> at a lower priority than the version in JWP).
> +

~Dakota Jack~