Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ahardy42 <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2018/04/10 12:34:35 UTC

Re: Not able to read jars in repo intermittently

A week ago I asked about an issue where multiple builds were downloading to
the shared local repo and causing corruption in random jars.

My company's Jenkins team are offering the solution of running my own
private repo to avoid this, but this radically increases build times because
each build has to download all required jars to the local repo from our
proxy.

The Jenkins team have set up their build servers to run on 4 hosts. I don't
know much about Jenkins but I figure that it must be automated - is there a
maven operation they could carry out to clone at least the most heavily used
artefacts in the Artifactory repo to the local hard drive?

That would eliminate the individual build job clashes on the jars in the
local repo like commons-io.

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html