Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bordercore <je...@bordercore.com> on 2012/02/03 00:49:07 UTC

MLT and Content Streams

Hello.

I'm having issues getting MLT to work with content streams.  If I make a
query for a term like 'tomcat' using the 'stream.body' parameter, I get back
a valid response from Solr.  I use a curl command like this:

$ curl "http://host/solr/mlt?stream.body=tomcat&mlt.mintf=1"

(I've set a default value for mlt.fl in my mlt requestHandler)

However, if I try to pass in the same term (the string 'tomcat') as POST
data, I never get back any results.  In fact, I never get a result no matter
what I search for.  I'm doing this:

$ curl "http://host/solr/mlt?mlt.mintf=1" -H 'Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=UTF-8' --data-binary @example.txt

where example.txt simply contains the text 'tomcat'.  I get the same result
if I try using stream.file as well.

It's almost as if Solr isn't seeing the term at all.  Am I correct in
understanding that the data in example.txt should be free-form text, not
structured data?  Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Jerrell