Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <Mi...@bedag.ch> on 2007/02/12 17:26:09 UTC

Create custom layout component

Hi there!

I am trying to port an existing jsp taglib to jsf. This taglib is a kind
of gridbaglayout component, emulating the
behavior of the well known swing gridbaglayout for html.

I use the UIComponentBodyTag class for subclassing the tag
implementation, i use EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED
and so on, everything as written in spec. The question for now is :  why
are child components of my custom
Component not rendered to the temporary buffer? The BodyContent of my
tag is empty, and when i take a look
at the generated html, the child components are rendered BEFORE the
parent component.

Is this a bug, or am i doing something terminally wrong?

Regards,
Mirko

AW: Create custom layout component

Posted by "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <Mi...@bedag.ch>.
Hi

Thanks for the hint. I added everything to my renderers, and
Now, i have my gridbaglayout component. Please let me know if
anybody is interested in such a layout manager..

Regards
Mirko

JSF Components are rendered during the JSF render phase, which is not
related to JSP taglib rendering. The JSP taglib are used only to create
the JSF component tree during restor view (if view does not yet exist).
I suggest you move all your rendering code out of the taglib and do you
rendering either in the component itself (encodeBegin(), encodeBefore(),
encodeChildren()) either in methods with same name in a component renderer.

Sertic Mirko, Bedag a écrit :

> Hi there!
>
> I am trying to port an existing jsp taglib to jsf. This taglib is a
> kind of gridbaglayout component, emulating the
> behavior of the well known swing gridbaglayout for html.
>
> I use the UIComponentBodyTag class for subclassing the tag
> implementation, i use EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED
> and so on, everything as written in spec. The question for now is :
> why are child components of my custom
> Component not rendered to the temporary buffer? The BodyContent of my
> tag is empty, and when i take a look
> at the generated html, the child components are rendered BEFORE the
> parent component.
>
> Is this a bug, or am i doing something terminally wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Mirko

Is there any way to specify Sunday-Saturday as the Week (as opposed to Monday-Sunday) in t:schedule?

Posted by SO...@austin.rr.com.
Is there any way to specify Sunday-Saturday as the Week (as opposed to
Monday-Sunday) in t:schedule?

how do you specify an All Day entry for t:schedule?

Posted by SO...@austin.rr.com.
I looked at the Examples source for adding an all day entry:

        DefaultScheduleEntry entry7 = new DefaultScheduleEntry();
        entry7.setId(RandomStringUtils.randomNumeric(32));
        entry7.setTitle("All day event");
        entry7.setSubtitle("This event renders as an all-day event");
        entry7.setAllDay(true);
        model.addEntry(entry7);

The startTime() nor endTime() are not called on the entry.  How does the
entry know its day?

Thanks!

Re: Create custom layout component

Posted by delbd <da...@oma.be>.