Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fabien Coppens <fa...@free.fr> on 2008/05/20 14:42:43 UTC

Upload jar to remote central repository

Yes people, I am back to this subject of being able to deploy
a jar file to the central repository on a remote machine, because I
still can't get it to work... :-(
The Apache conf on the server has a directory mapping to
http://myserver.com/maven/repository
which exists and has already been manually loaded.
I have configured the repository and server data in my settings file :
<servers>
    <server>
      <id>DEV</id>
      <username>myUser</username>
      <password>myPassword</password>
      <configuration></configuration>
    </server>
  </servers>

and
<profile>
            <id>toto</id>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>DEV</id>
                    <url>
                        http://myserver.com/maven/repository/
                    </url>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                    </snapshots>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </releases>
                </repository>
            </repositories>

            <pluginRepositories>
                <pluginRepository>
                    <id>DEV</id>
                    <url>
                        http://myserver.com/maven/repository/
                    </url>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>false</enabled>
                    </releases>
                </pluginRepository>
            </pluginRepositories>
        </profile>

Here's the command I try to run :
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=esper -DartifactId=esper
-Dversion=2.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar
-Durl=scp://myserver.com/maven/repository
-Dfile=C:\Work\esper-2.0.0\esper-2.0.0.jar -DrepositoryId=DEV

And I get the following error :
[INFO]
[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Error performing commands for file transfer

Exit code: 1 - mkdir: cannot create directory `/maven': Permission denied

Now why is it trying to create a directory that already exists on the
remote server ?
Or am I using a wrong URL ?

Fabien

Re: RE : Upload jar to remote central repository

Posted by Fabien Coppens <fa...@free.fr>.
Yes !
It works. Thanks Christophe.