Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Daniel Doles <da...@outlook.com> on 2018/11/25 15:18:07 UTC

Verify Download?

Could someone please explain to me why I need to download another tool to verify that the download of AOO worked? If the download is shaky, why would I want to run the risk of a problem.   I’m running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.
Thank You, Dan

Re: Verify Download?

Posted by John Hart <jh...@testra.com>.
https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-dns-hijacking/

Re: Verify Download?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 15:18:07 +0000
Daniel Doles <da...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Could someone please explain to me why I need to download another tool to verify that the download of AOO worked? If the download is shaky, why would I want to run the risk of a problem.   I’m running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.
> Thank You, Dan

This is to confirm that the file you downloaded is the file actually generated by OpenOffice developers, not a hacked copy as can happen with downloads from unauthorised sites.  If you are happy that your file actually came from the official site redirection, you can decide not to verify,

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>