Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Basil Franey <fr...@shaw.ca> on 2019/02/19 01:49:16 UTC

OpenOffice update on an iMac

Hello

I have recently updated the operating system on my iMac to version 10.14.2. Up till now, I have been using an older version of OpenOffice, version 3.2. Really great -many thanks for making this available.

Apple have advised me I need to update my OpenOffice to the current version as the older one will not be supported in future.

I see that you recommend deleting the older version before installing the new one.

Question: How can I save existing spread sheet files already created on version 3.2 and transfer them to the newer version of OpenOffice? Please don’t tell me I will have to retype them all!

Thank you

Basil Franey
franey@shaw.ca

Re: OpenOffice update on an iMac

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
Strictly speaking, that old version is no longer supported by Apache
OpenOffice.

You don't need to do anything - your files will remain wherever you have
saved them regardless of updating Apache OpenOffice. Please only
download from http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and please read the
installation guides that are linked from that page - on the right.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 19/2/19 12:19 pm, Basil Franey wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have recently updated the operating system on my iMac to version 10.14.2. Up till now, I have been using an older version of OpenOffice, version 3.2. Really great -many thanks for making this available.
>
> Apple have advised me I need to update my OpenOffice to the current version as the older one will not be supported in future.
>
> I see that you recommend deleting the older version before installing the new one.
>
> Question: How can I save existing spread sheet files already created on version 3.2 and transfer them to the newer version of OpenOffice? Please don’t tell me I will have to retype them all!
>
> Thank you
>
> Basil Franey
> franey@shaw.ca

Cheers
--
David Robley

CAT.COM started. Computer will hack furball in 5 seconds.