Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Debi Brennan <br...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/22 07:34:14 UTC

javac.jar

Hi,

I have a question on licencing requirements:

I bundle Tomcat with my product. In the past I have used Tomcat v3.1, and
want to upgrade to v3.2.3.

Tomcat v3.1 included javac.jar as part of its installation. This was
licenced by Sun.

Tomcat v3.2.3 doesn't include this file.

I want to distribute javac.jar along with Tomcat v3.2.3, and would like to
know if this will violate Sun's licencing agreement?

Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Debi

Re: javac.jar

Posted by Sachin Pandey <sa...@nuix.com.au>.
Hi,

  Quite an interesting question cause the Jboss ditsribution also comes
bundled with a javac.jar. I would like to know the answer too.

Sachin