Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/17 05:07:37 UTC

[RESULT] (Was: [VOTE] C-T-R for any translation fixes)

Thank you for all your votes and feedback.
I am tallying the results below.

>> 1. Commit-Then-Review for any documentation, including JavaDoc and code comments.
>
> Already decided. No need to vote.
>
> 2. Allow C-T-R for changes to svn properties:

+1: Konstantin, Tim
Mark: +1 for line endings, +0 for the rest
0: Rainer, Filip, Yoav
-1: Mladen, Bill: because the proposal is too wide ("it can mean
anything and nothing", and
 because for some of those changes "one needs a good reason")

RESULT: Does not pass

> 3. Allow C-T-R for any whitespace changes:
> These are generally discouraged, but might be necessary to ease
> backporting of patches.

+1: Konstantin, Mladen, Rainer, Tim
Mark: +1. Only if required to ease back-porting.
-1: Filip: "makes tracing down when and how code changed a pain. It's
not beneficial."
0: Yoav, Bill

RESULT: Passes

> 4. Allow C-T-R for trivial fixes to English messages that are in resource files
> and those that are inline in the code. This includes typos and rephrasing,
> but does not include adding/removing message parameters.

+1: Konstantin, Mladen, Rainer, Yoav, Tim, Mark
0: Filip, Bill

RESULT: Passes

> 5. Allow C-T-R for any fixes for non-English resource files.
> The files must use 7-bit characters only. Other symbols must be
> escaped with \u, as does native2ascii.

+1: Konstantin, Mladen, Rainer, Yoav, Tim, Mark (providing that
native2ascii has been used), Bill
0: Filip

RESULT: Passes

> 6. Require some indication in the commit message for code that usually is
> covered by RTC, that this commit was done using C-T-R rule.

+1: Mladen, Rainer, Bill
+0: Mark: Putting CTR at the start works for me.
0: Konstantin, Filip, Yoav, Tim

RESULT: Passes

I did not count the votes by Henri Gomez (probably +1 to 2.,3.,4.,5.)
and by Jean-Frederic Clere (looks like -0 to all),
as those were not clear to me.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [RESULT] (Was: [VOTE] C-T-R for any translation fixes)

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 03/17/2010 05:07 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Thank you for all your votes and feedback.
> I am tallying the results below.
>
>>> 1. Commit-Then-Review for any documentation, including JavaDoc and code comments.
>>
>> Already decided. No need to vote.
>>
>> 2. Allow C-T-R for changes to svn properties:
>>

> +1: Konstantin, Tim
> Mark: +1 for line endings, +0 for the rest
> 0: Rainer, Filip, Yoav
> -1: Mladen, Bill: because the proposal is too wide ("it can mean
> anything and nothing", and
>  because for some of those changes "one needs a good reason")
>
> RESULT: Does not pass
>
>> 3. Allow C-T-R for any whitespace changes:
>> These are generally discouraged, but might be necessary to ease
>> backporting of patches.
>
> +1: Konstantin, Mladen, Rainer, Tim
> Mark: +1. Only if required to ease back-porting.
> -1: Filip: "makes tracing down when and how code changed a pain. It's
> not beneficial."
> 0: Yoav, Bill
>
> RESULT: Passes
>
>> 4. Allow C-T-R for trivial fixes to English messages that are in resource files
>> and those that are inline in the code. This includes typos and rephrasing,
>> but does not include adding/removing message parameters.
>
> +1: Konstantin, Mladen, Rainer, Yoav, Tim, Mark
> 0: Filip, Bill
>
> RESULT: Passes
>
>> 5. Allow C-T-R for any fixes for non-English resource files.
>> The files must use 7-bit characters only. Other symbols must be
>> escaped with \u, as does native2ascii.
>
> +1: Konstantin, Mladen, Rainer, Yoav, Tim, Mark (providing that
> native2ascii has been used), Bill
> 0: Filip
>
> RESULT: Passes
>
>> 6. Require some indication in the commit message for code that usually is
>> covered by RTC, that this commit was done using C-T-R rule.
>
> +1: Mladen, Rainer, Bill
> +0: Mark: Putting CTR at the start works for me.
> 0: Konstantin, Filip, Yoav, Tim
>
> RESULT: Passes
>

> I did not count the votes by Henri Gomez (probably +1 to 2.,3.,4.,5.)
> and by Jean-Frederic Clere (looks like -0 to all),

Yep

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [RESULT] (Was: [VOTE] C-T-R for any translation fixes)

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 03/17/2010 05:07 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Thank you for all your votes and feedback.
> I am tallying the results below.

Perhaps you can put those that passed directly inside
status.txt (somewhere near the top I presume)
as a constant and clear reminder.
However any other location is fine with me, but
should be somewhere in the SVN.

Regards
--
^TM