Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by callum <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/03 10:16:05 UTC

Rss-binding example problems (fresh install)

While trying to incorporate RSS polling functionality into a service assembly
I've encountered inconsistent results: the poller always fires once, and in
the past I have had it repeating at the specified interval, but now that is
not happening.

In searching for the origin of the problem I have installed a fresh SM
3.1-incubating distribution.  When I follow the instructions for the
rss-binding example, the problem manifests itself: the poller polls once
then hangs/stops (no errors, no further activity).

I'm running SM on two platforms (both suffer the same problem):

apple osx (intel)
java 1.5.0_07

apple osx 10.4.9 (intel)
java 1.5.0_06

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Can anyone offer some advice on
how to debug this?

Regards,
Callum

Re: Rss-binding example problems (fresh install)

Posted by callum <ca...@hotmail.com>.
I've resolved this: as it turns out there was no problem, merely a
misunderstanding on my part.

By setting a breakpoint in RssPollingComponent.poll() I determined that the
poller was functioning normally, but no results were being registered after
those returned by the first polling event.  The reason for this is that the
poller is designed to check for entries newer than the last polled date; as
there were no new entries, no trace was displayed.

Regards,
Callum.

Posted by callum <ca...@hotmail.com>.
An emendment to my previous post: the first of those environments is a ppc
based platform, the second, intel.

Regards,
Callum