Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/25 08:34:32 UTC

Any easy way to do client-side javascript-based validation with Wicket?

I am now reading the book "Wicket in Action" to learn about Wicket. The more I read and the more I like it!

I did a few projects with Spring MVC in the past. In these projects, I defined form field validation rules in an XML file and Spring adds both client side and server-side, which I think is quite helpful.

I just want to know how to do the same thing in Wicket. The validation rules dont have to be in an XML file and they can be in Wicket's Java files, but I hope Wicket can generate client-side validation.

Please dont argue with me about the good or bad things about client-side validation. I simply want to know whether Wicket can do it or how to it, as well as any attempt in this regard.

Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers!

Re: Any easy way to do client-side javascript-based validation with Wicket?

Posted by Per Lundholm <pe...@gmail.com>.
I assume you have read the parts about validation in Wicket.

There are several examples of integrating Wicket with various
JavaScript libraries, such as Dojo.

/Per

2009/5/25 David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>:

> I am now reading the book "Wicket in Action" to learn about Wicket. The more I read and the more I like it!
>
> I did a few projects with Spring MVC in the past. In these projects, I defined form field validation rules in an XML file and Spring adds both client side and server-side, which I think is quite helpful.
>
> I just want to know how to do the same thing in Wicket. The validation rules dont have to be in an XML file and they can be in Wicket's Java files, but I hope Wicket can generate client-side validation.
>
> Please dont argue with me about the good or bad things about client-side validation. I simply want to know whether Wicket can do it or how to it, as well as any attempt in this regard.
>
> Thanks so much for your help!
>
> Cheers!

FaceBush, min insamling i Mustaschkampen:
http://www.cancerfonden.se//sv/Mustaschkampen/Kampa/Insamlingar/?collection=243