Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Gene Campbell (ATT)" <gc...@attbi.com> on 2002/06/25 04:51:56 UTC

Parsing problem

New to Lucene.  If I index

  D:\jdk1.3.1_01\src\javax\swing\event\ListDataListener.java

in the field "path".

And search for

  path:D*ListDataListener.java

I get that document above as the result - as expected.

But, if do the following search, I get nothing, not even an error.

path:D\:\\jdk1.3.1_01\\src\\javax\\swing\\event\\ListDataListener.java

Using the WhitespaceAnalyzer.

thoughts?  I'm noticing other strange problems with query parsing.  Should I
send them to someone?  Who?   I'll start looking through the code for clues.

thanks - gene

Re: Parsing problem

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hi Gene,

This should be asked to the users list to get a bigger audience who can help
you.

My first thought is the :, but you escaped that (escaping is new to Lucene).

--Peter

Re: Parsing problem

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hi Gene,