Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz> on 2008/07/04 17:31:03 UTC

Deploying pom's

Hi,

as I understand the current Ivy, it is not possible to deploy
artifacts together with a ivy generated pom. Is such a feature
planned for 2.0 final?

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project lead

Re: Deploying pom's

Posted by Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz>.
Hi Jim,

On Jul 4, 2008, at 7:49 PM, Jim White wrote:

> Hans Dockter wrote:
>
>> as I understand the current Ivy, it is not possible to deploy
>> artifacts together with a ivy generated pom. Is such a feature
>> planned for 2.0 final?
>
> I've not done it myself yet, but I've assumed that a POM (whether
> Ivy generated or for Maven from whatever source) can be included in
> the artifact pattern and published along with any other artifacts
> (unlike Maven, Ivy doesn't assume a module has a single artifact).
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/publish.html
>
> Pattern syntax is explained somewhat on the following page,
> although I don't know what the necessary pattern (if different from
> the default) that would be.
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/concept.html
>
> Google has this as a high hit, and seems to say that some folks
> have done that successfully:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200802.mbox/%
> 3CEE7473F9E5EC3D4CBC1CDDD38BC1FA32061C103B@CWA0020EX.ccsouth.cccore.co
> m%3E

Thanks for the hints.

It would be nice though if there were out-of-the-box support for this.

I gonna post some ideas on the dev list for this.

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project lead