Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 13:00:05 UTC

[New Feature] Alter table support in carbondata

Hi All,

Currently in carbondata after a table is created once it becomes immutable.
Deletion or addition of column is not supported because of which the same
table and data cannot be used again. To add more flexibility to the
carbondata system alter table support needs to be added to carbondata
system.

Please refer the design document at below location and share your
suggestions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DnrpMgGOu9dGxYMzVJUXEyZG8/view?usp=sharing

Regards

Manish Gupta

Re: [New Feature] Alter table support in carbondata

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guru,

Yes you can raise a jira for document updation.

Regards
Manish Gupta

Posted by Gururaj Shetty <sg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Posted by Venkata Gollamudi <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Liang,

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Regards
Liang

Re: [New Feature] Alter table support in carbondata

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi QiangCai,

Syntax for change data type is kept similar to hive alter table change data
type syntax.

Please let me know your point of reference. I will look at it and modify if
required.

Regards
Manish Gupta