Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Clitheroe <G....@gns.cri.nz> on 2005/02/15 03:03:50 UTC

RE: NoSuchPropertyException for global

Did you reference your custom engine in your .application file instead of the
default Tapestry one? e.g.,

<application name="myapp" engine-class="CustomEngine" >

and if you did are you certain the engine is loading your Spring context into
the global context in appContext (check the logs).

Cheers,
Geoff

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
'cause they have access to the page.

In Tapestry 3.1, you'll be able to inject application state objects
(visit, global, or others you define) directly into your pages or
components.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:16:42 -0200, Daniel Serodio
<ds...@mandic.com.br> wrote:
> Thank you for your time, Geoff.
>
> Our local Tapestry guru found the problem. I had "extracted" this
> component from a page, and components don't have access to the "global"
> object, only "page", so I need to use "page.global" instead of just
> "global".
>
> Now, the question is, why don't components have access to the "global"
> object?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel Serodio
>
> Geoff Clitheroe wrote:
>
> >Did you reference your custom engine in your .application file instead of the
> >default Tapestry one? e.g.,
> >
> ><application name="myapp" engine-class="CustomEngine" >
> >
> >and if you did are you certain the engine is loading your Spring context into
> >the global context in appContext (check the logs).
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Geoff
> >

> >>I'm using Tapestry with Spring, and I put my ApplicationContext in the
> >>"global" object (in my Engine class). But when I reference it in the
> >>page specification (see snippet below), I get a NoSuchPropertyException
> >>for the "global" object. Isn't this object always available? What am I
> >>doing wrong?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind