Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by intan <in...@hekmat.com.my> on 2001/10/25 06:27:38 UTC

RMI Messaging

Hi all,

I'm Intan, from Malaysia.
Does anybody knows 'bout peer-to-peer system?  I really need a help here.
please give me your opinion on this coz i've been assign an application which is on messaging system between peers in a real time environment. I've decided to use RMI as the networking structure. So please give me yur opinion on this.
Thanx.

Regards,
Intan -junior programmer

Re: RMI Messaging

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
JXTA is an attempt to define peer-peer based protocols. (http://jxta.org)

RMI is client-server and so not the best way of doing peer based messaging. You might find JMS useful instead for publish / subscribe or queue based communication. Publish / subscribe is very peer based.

James