Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jose Rozanec <jo...@mercadolibre.com> on 2016/09/27 22:52:08 UTC

Query consuming all resources

Hi,

We have a Hive cluster. We notice that some queries consume all resources,
which is not desirable to us, since we want to grant some degree of
parallelism to incoming ones: any incoming query should be able to do at
least some progress, not just wait the big one finish.

Is there way to do so? We use Hive 2.1.0 with Tez engine.

Thank you in advance,

Joze.

Re: Query consuming all resources

Posted by Per Ullberg <pe...@klarna.com>.
What Jörn said. We use the capacity scheduler to be able to give priority
to some user groups over others.

Regards
/Pelle

--