Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Denis Brodeur <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/30 18:46:48 UTC

Problems Indexing/Parsing Tibetan Text

Hello, I'm currently working out some problems when searching for Tibetan
Characters.  More specifically: /u0f10-/u0f19.  We are using the
StandardAnalyzer (3.4) and I've narrowed the problem down to
StandardTokenizerImpl throwing away these characters i.e. in
getNextToken(), falls through  case1: /* Not numeric, word, ideographic,
hiragana, or SE Asian -- ignore it */. So, the question is: is this the
expected behaviour and if it is what would be the best way to go about
supporting code points that are not recognized by the StandardAnalyzer in a
general way?

Re: Problems Indexing/Parsing Tibetan Text

Posted by Brandon Mintern <mi...@easyesi.com>.
Another good reference is this one: http://unicode.org/reports/tr29/

Since the latest Lucene uses this for the basis of its text
segmentation, it's worth getting familiar with it.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
fileformat.info

Posted by Denis Brodeur <de...@gmail.com>.