Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2008/06/12 09:59:21 UTC

[OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Anyone know of the best plugin for Eclipse for editing UML documents?

--jason

Re: [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Ah, right I should have read the download page more clearly, the first
download states "An auto-installer jar..." but odd they only say
Windows and Linux... weird.

--jason

Re: [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Oh ya I remember looking at this before... but looks like they don't
> have a nice easy to use Mac OS X installer :-(
>
> Is there magic sauce to get it working?
>
> --jason
>

> On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason, I've used EclipseUML in the past and have really been
>> impressed with it. Plus the free edition is very capable and robust.....
>>
>> -----> http://www.eclipsedownload.com/
>>
>> Jason Dillon wrote:
>>> Anyone know of the best plugin for Eclipse for editing UML documents?
>>> --jason
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Tim McConnell

Tim McConnell

Re: [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Anyone know of the best plugin for Eclipse for editing UML documents?
>
> --jason

Tim McConnell

Re: [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I normally use MagicDraw (http://magicdraw.com), and I actually like
it a lot, but I wanted to see how the Eclipse tooling has come
along... and I forget what tools were out there.

--jason

Re: [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

RE : [OFF TOPIC] UML for Eclipse

Posted by Thierry Templier <te...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello,

You can try the following ones:

- TopCased: http://www.topcased.org
- PapyrusUML: http://www.papyrusuml.org/

They are both based on EMF and UML2 plugins.

Thierry

> Anyone know of the best plugin for Eclipse for
> editing UML documents?
>
> --jason

Take a look at my blog:
http://jroller.com/page/Templth/