Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/08 23:10:36 UTC

Apache Spark Jenkins Infra 2022

Happy New Year!

After we sunset our legacy Jenkins Infra on December 23th, 2021,
there were many missing parts in our test coverage combinations.

From Today, January 8th, 2022, the following test coverage is recovered
and newly added as a starter. Although this is a pilot and a small step
forward,
we will continue to build and improve our test coverage for the community.

*## Maven Test Coverage*
Although Apache Spark supports Maven/SBT build and testing,
Maven is our official standard for building Apache Spark distributions.
Since GitHub Action has been covering Maven building only, new Jenkins
infrastructure recovers Maven building and testing.

*## Java 17 on Apple Silicon Coverage*
Since there is no publicly available CI option for us to test Apple Silicon
machines,
the new Jenkins infrastructure is running Java/Scala/Python/R testing on
Apple Silicon.
Please note that Java 17 is the first Java release supporting Apple Silicon
natively.
(JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port supporting Apple M1-based machine)

[image: screenshot.png]

This is *maintained by Apache Spark PMC*.
We have more details to be discussed before exposing this infra to the
public.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the generous donor and
ASF Foundation Fundraise Team for making this happen.

Thanks,
Dongjoon

Re: Apache Spark Jenkins Infra 2022

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.