Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ansgar Kroger <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/14 11:13:14 UTC

surefire "includes" documentation

Hi all,

I believe that there is a mistake in the documentation of the includes
configuration parameter for surefire:test
While the exclusion/inclusion example page (
http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/inclusion-exclusion.html)
says

By default, the Surefire Plugin will automatically include all test classes
with the following wildcard patterns:

   - "**/Test*.java" - includes all of its subdirectories and all java
      filenames that start with "Test".
      - "**/*Test.java" - includes all of its subdirectories and all java
      filenames that end with "Test".
      - "**/*TestCase.java" - includes all of its subdirectories and all
      java filenames that end with "TestCase".

the parameter's documentation on the goal usage page (
http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#includes)
says

the default includes will be
<includes>
 <include>**/IT*.java</include>
 <include>**/*IT.java</include>
 <include>**/*ITCase.java</include>
</includes>

The second one looks like the default pattern for failsafe test includes.

Best regards,

Ansgar Kröger

Re: surefire "includes" documentation

Posted by Ansgar Kroger <an...@gmail.com>.
I uploaded a patch by attaching it to that ticket but I realise that this
will likely break the failsafe test mojo documentation.
I am unsure about the proper way to handle this but I suppose that this is
OT on the maven user list.

Ansgar

Ansgar

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.