Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Bartlett <rb...@digitalphx.com> on 2004/10/22 19:48:42 UTC

SA or Maildrop

Currently I use a maildrop script that checks the score given to the email
by SA and if it reaches a certain number or greater it gets sent to a
different mailbox.

My question is could you do that instead in SA local.cf and if so which
one would be better in doing this? Should I keep the maildrop script or
use SA rules to send spam emails to a different mailbox?

Thanks
Robert

Re: SA or Maildrop

Posted by p dont think <pd...@angrynerds.com>.
>>Currently I use a maildrop script that checks the score given to the email
>>by SA and if it reaches a certain number or greater it gets sent to a
>>different mailbox.
>>
>>My question is could you do that instead in SA local.cf and if so which
>>one would be better in doing this? Should I keep the maildrop script or
>>use SA rules to send spam emails to a different mailbox?

SA is not a filtering tool.  You should keep the Maildrop stuff in place.

Re: SA or Maildrop

Posted by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com>.
> Currently I use a maildrop script that checks the score given to the email
> by SA and if it reaches a certain number or greater it gets sent to a
> different mailbox.
>
> My question is could you do that instead in SA local.cf and if so which
> one would be better in doing this? Should I keep the maildrop script or
> use SA rules to send spam emails to a different mailbox?

Why not do that with procmail?  - john

Re: SA or Maildrop

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 04:32 PM 10/22/2004, Robert Bartlett wrote:
>Thanks everyone for the replies. Is there a good known site to learn more
>about maildrop scripts?

Other than the docs on the website, I know not much about maildrop.

http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/?maildropfilter.html

It's a very weak start. Hopefully someone else that actually uses maildrop
can point out a better site.

Re: SA or Maildrop

Posted by Robert Bartlett <rb...@digitalphx.com>.

Re: SA or Maildrop