Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/07/02 01:14:22 UTC

YARN tasks and child processes

Is it possible for a child process of a YARN task to persist after the task is complete?  I am looking at an alternative to a YARN auxiliary process that may be simpler to implement, if I can have a task spawn a process that persists for some time after the task finishes.
Thanks,
John

RE: YARN tasks and child processes

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Thanks, that answers my question.  I am trying to explore alternatives to a YARN auxiliary service, but apparently this isn’t an option.
John

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

________________________________

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.