Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Sammy Nguyen <sn...@comprehend.com> on 2016/04/15 20:43:30 UTC

Checking success of resource reservations

Hi everyone,

I am making resource reservations and creating persistent volumes through
the operator HTTP endpoints on v0.28.0. In order to see if the requests
went through, the docs (
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reservation/) say to check at
the appropriate slave's /state endpoint. However, we are not seeing
anything in the JSON response from that endpoint which would indicate
success of the reservation. Can anyone provide guidance on this?

For context, I am working on a script to reserve or unreserve disk and
create or destroy persistent volumes as needed, and we would like to fail
early if the reservation or persistent volume cannot be made.

Thanks,

*Sammy Nguyen*

Re: Checking success of resource reservations

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com>.
Please try "curl -s http://mesos_master:5050/roles | python -m json.tool"
to get roles's info including reservation.

----
Da (Klaus), Ma (马达) | PMP® | Advisory Software Engineer
Platform OpenSource Technology, STG, IBM GCG
+86-10-8245 4084 | klaus1982.cn@gmail.com | http://k82.me