Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Willem-Jan van den Bichelaer <wi...@cmg.com> on 2002/08/14 12:28:56 UTC

words get cut-off when placed on a new page in FOP 0.20.4????

Hi there,

I have a problem with placing words on a new page. When I have a very long
Dutch word, e.g. "Arbeidsongeschiktheidsverzekering" than it's placed on a
new page, but cut-off like "schiktheidsverzekering".
This behaviour only occurs when words must be placed on a new page. I
deliberately disabled hyphenation, because I do not want to break apart
words.

How is this possible? Is there too little room on the the first line of the
new page?

Does someone have a clue?

Greetz,

Willem

Re: words get cut-off when placed on a new page in FOP 0.20.4????

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Willem-Jan van den Bichelaer wrote:
> I have a problem with placing words on a new page. When I have a very long
> Dutch word, e.g. "Arbeidsongeschiktheidsverzekering" than it's placed on a
> new page, but cut-off like "schiktheidsverzekering".
> This behaviour only occurs when words must be placed on a new page. I
> deliberately disabled hyphenation, because I do not want to break apart
> words.
>
> How is this possible? Is there too little room on the the first line of the
> new page?

There are several deficiencies wich could cause this, though
it is somewhat strange that it happens with hyphenation turned
off. It is hard to say without seeing a larger snippet from
your FO code.
Does the snippet part appear somewhere else, for example at the
beginning of the next line?
Does something change if you insert spaces in front of the word?

You can also try the maintenance CVS code which has some fixes
for known bugs which have a similar appearance.

J.Pietschmann