Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Luca Ventura <ve...@libero.it> on 2002/05/17 13:41:54 UTC

Where must I put the code of my application?

Hello!

I have installed Tomcat 4  as servlet/jsp container and IIS as Web Server.
I developed a Web application and I want to put it not in /webapps/examples
folder of Tomcat but in another folder, for example "/webapps/myproject".
The problem is  that when I try to connect to it
IIS redirects corretly my request to Tomcat 4 (I have set the Web Server in
this way) but Tomcat
says "The requested resource (/myproject/demo.jsp) is not available.". Why?
I have read that
I have to modify the file "server.xml" file when I develop a new application
and add a new
context...but in which way? Can someone give me a working example please? I
tried to do it but unsuccessful :-(

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

        Luca