Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by richardwilko <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/03 13:27:16 UTC

Re: Terracotta integration

Hi,

I have attached a first take on a the terracottapagestore and would
appreciate any input anyone can give me, particularly to do with
concurrency, i.e. should i be using synchronised methods on X.

I have done some limited testing with this, 2 apps, using load balancer to
bounce each new request over the machine, and only 1 user and everything
seems to be working ok.

I know that it currently has generics, but they can be removed no problem, I
just find it easier to code including them.

One extra note, I had to manually instrument
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.pagestore.AbstractPageStore and
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.pagestore.AbstractPageStore$SerializedPage,
so if this does make it into the wicket core it would be easier if those two
classes could implement IClusterable.

Thanks,

Richard

  http://www.nabble.com/file/p18257188/TerracottaPageStore.java
TerracottaPageStore.java

Re: Terracotta integration

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
AbstractPagStore clusterable?
I think thats is not what it supposed to be.

Re: Terracotta integration

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> One extra note, I had to manually instrument
> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.pagestore.AbstractPageStore

Why do page stores need to be serializable though?

And did you attach your code to a JIRA issue (and which)?

Eelco