Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato Testa <ra...@itgarage.org> on 2001/08/20 13:10:54 UTC

can't start tomcat 4

Hello List,

i'm completetly new to tomcat and to this list.
I've installed  the jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7-src on a Mandrake 8.0 Linux.
I proceeded with the BUILDING.txt-file and could run the "ant dist" cmd
successfull in the <tomcat.home>
I've then trying to start tomcat as described, but it fails. I have the
message "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap" in the catalina.out file.

not very close to java, what's not found?

Thnx for hints
Renato Testa
--
--------------------rat@itgarage.net---------------------
ITGarage GmbH     Freilagerstrasse 19     CH-8047 Zuerich

Re: can't start tomcat 4

Posted by Allan Kamau <hu...@yahoo.com>.
Had the same problem. Set CATALINA_HOME variable in
your startup scripts eg in the '/etc/profile' for the
Linux or in the Environment variables in Windows
NT/2000.
Then logoff and login then try starting TC4.
Allan Kamau.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: can't start tomcat 4

Posted by Renato Testa <ra...@itgarage.org>.