Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Mohandas, Jeeji" <je...@hp.com> on 2005/11/10 05:21:36 UTC

Support for multiple instances and load balancing in Slide 2.1

Hi,

I had used slide 1.0.16 in a product few years back. Slide worked well
in development, but in our deployment configuration Slide was identified
as the source of database/file system inconsistencies. The problem was
that our deployed systems were running multiple instances of Slide and
load-balancing between them. It was concluded at that point of time that
Slide was not designed for this and inconsistencies between the
instances eventually became committed to the database and file system.
Our load testing showed that the single WebDAV server becomes a
performance bottleneck, using a large percentage of CPU resources as the
load increases. Obviously, the ability to run multiple WebDAV servers
would help here. Also, too many files on the slide server, made the
system very slow.

I would like to know if these problems(performance, scalability issues )
are rectified in the latest version(2.1) of Slide.

Thanks and Regards,
Jeeji.