Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Steven Wu <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/10 02:19:08 UTC

could new java producer miss callbacks after successful send?

We observed some small discrepancy in messages sent per second reported at
different points. 1) and 4) matches very close. 2) and 3) matches very
close but are about *5-6% lower* compared to 1) and 4).
1) send attempt from producer
2) send success from producer
3) record-send-rate reported by kafka producer
4) MessagesInPerSecond reported by kafka broker

note that send success for 2) is incremented when onCompletion is called
without error/exception). there is also a send error count when
onCompletion is called with error. it is always zero.

that's why I am wondering whether there are some callback misses?

some info about the setup
* producer: 0.8.2-beta
* broker: 0.8.1.1
* acks=1

Thanks,
Steven

Re: could new java producer miss callbacks after successful send?

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Cool, let us know if you can uncover anything as that would be a serious
issue if we are dropping callbacks.

-Jay

Posted by Steven Wu <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Wu <st...@gmail.com>.