Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Najarian <j-...@earthlink.net> on 2004/09/23 17:11:10 UTC

Installing the MySql jdbc driver on XP?

I am trying to install the JDBC driver on an XP box
to use it with a driver manager in Tomcat and to use
it as stand alone for simple tests.

I find the MySql installation documentation fragmented
and difficult to follow.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Installing the MySql jdbc driver on XP?

Posted by John Najarian <j-...@earthlink.net>.
Thanks Filip, I wanted to configure it to use a Driver Manager also.

What I've been having a ton of trouble with is configuring Eclipse.
I've downloaded some plugins but the 2nd one I ried to install should
have been the 3rd.  After knocking that around for a while I found a
site which had the missing 2nd plugin and how to...  But downloading
plugin is taking forever.

there is nothing to do when installing a JDBC driver, especially if it is a
type 4.
Just copy the JAR file to WEB-INF/lib if you want to use the driver within
your webapps,
or just add the JAR to your CLASSPATH if you want to run it standalone

look for JDBC tutorials

Filip