Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2013/03/20 11:29:36 UTC

Status of Ontologymanager, Rules, Reasoners

Hi,

from the last board report:

"Unfortunately, there is not much activity in the development of the
Ontologymanager, Rules, and Reasoner components. The project needs to discuss
the status and future plans of those components since there are about 50 open
issues in Jira."

At the moment this is just a observation from my side. I know that
with the end of the IKS project some people may not have enough time
to work on Stanbol anymore. Are there any concrete plans what will
happen regarding further development of those components? Who is
interested in keeping the development up and running? What about
releases of those components?

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: Status of Ontologymanager, Rules, Reasoners

Posted by Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabian,

thank you for pointing out this issue.
With regards to the Reasoners I am still available to support its
development. The opened issues are not particularly crucial and can be
fixed quite easily, I will take care of them as soon as I have some
time.
About doing releases, the component relies on Rules and Ontology
Manager, so they should be released first.
Because of this dependency, its destiny cannot be determined without
first assessing the status of the other two (well, Alessandro anyway
already answered).
Apart from the current issues, I would also like to hear feedbacks
from the stanbol community wrt Reasoners, if they think it is useful
and to what extend it could be improved.

Cheers

Enrico

--
Enrico Daga

--
http://www.enridaga.net
skype: enri-pan

Re: Status of Ontologymanager, Rules, Reasoners

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi Fabian,