Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/02/21 21:52:42 UTC

[build] IDE project setup convo summarized from IRC

Emmanuel and others have been having trouble with maven generated
project files for various IDEs: namely IDEA and Eclipse.  One particular
problem has to do with projects that generate code.   Meaning when the
multiproject generation of project modules is run the generated code is
missing.

One way we might solve this is by making maven generate the code when we
run the goal to generate the IDE specific project file.  I was going to
add some pre/post goal to the maven.xml to generate antlr and schema
code but it quickly occurred to me that the place where this code is
generated will not be picked up by maven and included in the project
descriptor.

IDEA or Eclipse must know what extra directories
(${basedir}/target/antlr or ${basedir}/target/schema) need to be
included as source directories.  Anyone have ideas on how this can be
done with the respective plugin?

Brett you had made a couple recommendations and I tried searching
through Eyebrowse for them but I could not find anything - eyebrowse is
blowing chunks.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [build] IDE project setup convo summarized from IRC

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:52:42 -0500, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Emmanuel and others have been having trouble with maven generated
> project files for various IDEs: namely IDEA and Eclipse.  One particular
> problem has to do with projects that generate code.   Meaning when the
> multiproject generation of project modules is run the generated code is
> missing.
>
> One way we might solve this is by making maven generate the code when we
> run the goal to generate the IDE specific project file.  I was going to
> add some pre/post goal to the maven.xml to generate antlr and schema
> code but it quickly occurred to me that the place where this code is
> generated will not be picked up by maven and included in the project
> descriptor.
>
> IDEA or Eclipse must know what extra directories
> (${basedir}/target/antlr or ${basedir}/target/schema) need to be
> included as source directories.  Anyone have ideas on how this can be
> done with the respective plugin?

For eclipse, you can add to project.properties like this:

    maven.eclipse.classpath.include=${basedir}/src/examples

For IDEA, I couldn't find any solution yet.

> Brett you had made a couple recommendations and I tried searching
> through Eyebrowse for them but I could not find anything - eyebrowse is
> blowing chunks.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [build] IDE project setup convo summarized from IRC

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
Geronimo generates xmlbeans and I think that they get included in the
maven generated  IDEA projects.  Not sure how this is done.

Regards,
Alan