Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Quentin Arce <qa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/11 20:02:04 UTC

httpd child process segfault ?

Hi,

I have a quesiton.  My httpd seems to have a child
process segfault from time to time...  when this
happens I can no longer access the repository until I
restart the httpd.  I see the requests come in but
they just hang.

The subversion I'm using is 1.1.4 .  This is what's in
Debian stable and RHEL.

I did not build anything by hand... So, it's all the
standard.  I have seen this happen with both berk db
and fsfs backends.  I see some notes for the 1.3.0
build that  imply this is a know problem that was
fixed but reading the bug log ( issue #2297 )... I
don't really understand if this problem fixed is the
same problem.

Thank you all for your help and GREAT work on
Subversion.

Re: httpd child process segfault ?

Posted by Quentin Arce <qa...@yahoo.com>.

--- Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>
wrote:

> On 5/11/06, Quentin Arce <qa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a quesiton.  My httpd seems to have a child
> > process segfault from time to time...  when this
> > happens I can no longer access the repository
> until I
> > restart the httpd.  I see the requests come in but
> > they just hang.
> >
> > The subversion I'm using is 1.1.4 .  This is
> what's in
> > Debian stable and RHEL.
> >
> > I did not build anything by hand... So, it's all
> the
> > standard.  I have seen this happen with both berk
> db
> > and fsfs backends.  I see some notes for the 1.3.0
> > build that  imply this is a know problem that was
> > fixed but reading the bug log ( issue #2297 )... I
> > don't really understand if this problem fixed is
> the
> > same problem.
>
> There are any number of bugs that have been fixed
> since 1.1.4 that
> could be responsible for this type of problem.
> Please upgrade to a
> more modern release and see if that fixes your
> problems.

Okay will do.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.