Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by susnata basak <su...@hotmail.com> on 2012/08/23 18:38:41 UTC

building Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Hi All,

While trying to build hadoop source code in eclipse using maven following the instructions on -
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

I noticed that the project layout has changed in the latest development version, as such the instruction didn't quite match. I was wondering if we've updated documentation on building hadoop source code in eclipse (using maven or ant).

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Shaan

RE: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Posted by susnata basak <su...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Harsh,

I came across a video on building hadoop source code on cloudera site, but it was using Ant (on an older project layout). If you're able to use m2eclipse, would you like to make a similar video post or document it somewhere.

The other issue I ran into - the unit tests weren't running from eclipse.

Thanks,
Shaan

Posted by susnata basak <su...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Harsh,

Posted by susnata basak <su...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Harsh,

Posted by susnata basak <su...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Harsh,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Adam,

--
Harsh J

Re: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Adam,

--
Harsh J

Re: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Adam,

--
Harsh J

Re: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Adam,

--
Harsh J

Re: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse