Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jon Gethner <ge...@analyze.com> on 2002/06/07 13:20:00 UTC

2.0.36 POSIX error in Solaris 2.7 configure

When running ./configure (Apache 2.0.36) using Solaris 2.7 on a Sparc 5, I
get the error shown below.
I have forced configure to use sh, rather than the installed ksh.
I wonder if there is a shell bug, or in configure is in error, which seems
unlikely. Or, more importantly, is there just a way around the error by
just modifying configure.

Thanks,
Jon Gethner

======= OUTPUT =========

./configure --enable-module=proxy
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
configuring package in srclib/apr now
/opt/local/apache/httpd-2.0.36/srclib/apr/configure: configure.lineno:
cannot ce
configure: error: cannot create configure.lineno; rerun with a POSIX shell
configure failed for srclib/apr

Re: 2.0.36 POSIX error in Solaris 2.7 configure

Posted by Jon Gethner <ge...@analyze.com>.
Foolish error, that maybe someone else may encouter.....

Someone else started running the configure using root priviledges. I didn't
know that and ran with non-root priviledges. So, previously created files
were owned by root and could not be deleted by configure.

At 07:20 AM 6/7/02, you wrote:
>When running ./configure (Apache 2.0.36) using Solaris 2.7 on a Sparc 5, I
>get the error shown below.
>I have forced configure to use sh, rather than the installed ksh.
>I wonder if there is a shell bug, or in configure is in error, which seems
>unlikely. Or, more importantly, is there just a way around the error by
>just modifying configure.
>
>Thanks,
>Jon Gethner
>
>======= OUTPUT =========
>
>./configure --enable-module=proxy
>checking for chosen layout... Apache
>checking for working mkdir -p... yes
>checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
>checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
>checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
>Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
>configuring package in srclib/apr now
>/opt/local/apache/httpd-2.0.36/srclib/apr/configure: configure.lineno:
>cannot ce
>configure: error: cannot create configure.lineno; rerun with a POSIX shell
>configure failed for srclib/apr

Jon Gethner

Adaptive Analyzer Technologies (ATech)
45 John St. - #908