Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Chen <qu...@eecs.berkeley.edu> on 2004/09/25 06:11:34 UTC

[bug] (1.1.0rc4) setting access time on symlinks

Dear great Subversion developers,

'svn export' balks trying to set the timestamp on symlinks that
point to nonexistent files.  (This includes files that don't *yet*
exist, but would later in the same export (i.e., downloaded
lexicographically later).)

Basically, Subversion shouldn't set access time at all on
symlinks.

E.g.:

mkdir /tmp/q1 ; cd /tmp/q1
svn mkdir $REPOS/foo ; svn co $REPOS/foo ; cd foo
ln -s b a
svn add a ; svn ci -m ''
# error below results even if 'b' is in the repo.

mkdir /tmp/q2 ; cd /tmp/q2
svn export $REPOS/foo

svn: Can't set access time of 'foo/a': No such file or directory

Karl

--
Karl 2004-09-24 22:44

Re: [bug] (1.1.0rc4) setting access time on symlinks

Posted by Josh Pieper <jj...@pobox.com>.
Karl Chen wrote:
>     >> Basically, Subversion shouldn't set access time at all on
>     >> symlinks.
>     Josh>
>     Josh> Yep this is a bug, thanks for the report!
>
> Hi, has anything been done about this?  It's still broken in 1.1.0
> and I don't see an issue in the task manager about it.  It seems
> like a simple 1-or-2-liner.  "Svn export" being broken is keeping
> me from making automatic tarball releases.

It's filed as Issue #2070 now.  Subversion is a volunteer
organization, so it will get fixed as soon as someone takes to time to
figure it out and fix it.

-Josh

Re: [bug] (1.1.0rc4) setting access time on symlinks

Posted by Karl Chen <qu...@nospam.quarl.org>.
    >> Basically, Subversion shouldn't set access time at all on
    >> symlinks.
    Josh>
    Josh> Yep this is a bug, thanks for the report!

Hi, has anything been done about this?  It's still broken in 1.1.0
and I don't see an issue in the task manager about it.  It seems
like a simple 1-or-2-liner.  "Svn export" being broken is keeping
me from making automatic tarball releases.

--
Karl 2004-10-03 13:14

Re: [bug] (1.1.0rc4) setting access time on symlinks

Posted by Josh Pieper <jj...@pobox.com>.