Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Lloyd Smith <sm...@san.rr.com> on 2007/02/24 11:24:23 UTC

WsResourceProxy compile errors in current trunk

After extracting yesterday's trunk, I'm seeing two compile errors in a generated WsResourceProxy.  These are due to differences in the return types in the destroy and getMultipleResourceProperties methods.  The generated code returns Element for both.  The superclass WsResourceClient, however, has void for destroy and Element[] for getMultipleResourceProperties.

I think I can see how the destroy proxy code generated from the WS-ResourceLifetime-1_2.xsd would be an Element:

       <xsd:element name="DestroyResponse">
               <xsd:complexType />
       </xsd:element>

And from WS-ResourceProperties-1_2.xsd, also an Element:

  <xsd:element name="GetMultipleResourcePropertiesResponse">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:any  minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

Is anyone else seeing these compile errors?  The project WSDL is the sample supplied with the tutorial.

Re: WsResourceProxy compile errors in current trunk

Posted by Andrew Eberbach <ae...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Lloyd,

You're absolutely right, this should have been caught by a regression
suite. The problem is unit testing the codegeneration is difficult because
the code is just written to a stringBuffer. The right way would be to do
the code generation, have a script that compiles it and then have
instantiation code that instantiates the generated classes and does
introspection to make sure they generate methods/properties with the
correct types, parameters, etc. That's a bit more work and it's just been
a lack of time (for me) to get it up and running.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Eberbach
Autonomic Computing
(919) 254-2645
T/L: 444-2645
aeberbac@us.ibm.com

"Lloyd Smith" <sm...@san.rr.com>
02/25/2007 03:24 PM
Please respond to
muse-user@ws.apache.org

<mu...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: WsResourceProxy compile errors in current trunk

Yes, looks like it's fixed.  Thanks for the quick turnaround.

I was surprised to see that there are no JUnit tests in the distribution.
This problem and the recent broken consumer problem would have been caught

right away, no?  (And this comment in no way reflects on the quality of
the
code, which looks excellent.)  I've been using a simple Ant script that
extracts the bin-dist, builds the consumer/producer, installs to Tomcat,
runs the WsnTestClient, and then builds a tutorial sample but doesn't test

it.  Only takes a couple of minutes.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Lloyd,

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hmmm... wsdl2java shouldn't be generated a destroy() or
getMultipleResourceProperties() (because they're in WsResourceClient). I
looked at the code briefly but can't determine why it's skipping these two
operations - Andrew, can you help here?