Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hernâni Cerqueira <hr...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 01:22:35 UTC

Startup errors

Hello all, after upgrading my jdk to 1.6 on my gentoo server running
tomcat 5.5 and started up i got this errors:

Starting tomcat5: lock file found but no process running for pid 9691,
continuing
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jdbc-stdext Java
extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jndi Java
extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not
found for this jvm
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaas Java
extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not
found for this jvm

I guess this as something to do with missing libraries, but some doubts
remain:
1 - The jdbc drivers are the ones i normally use (for example i use de
postgres jdbc3 driver)?
2 -  jndi - this i can get from sun's site, correct?
3 -  jaas - no idea wath this is, where can i get it?
4 - finnaly, after getting those libraries, where to put them?

Any help? please?

Thank's in advance
Hernâni

Re: Startup errors

Posted by Hernâni Cerqueira <hr...@gmail.com>.
I first tried that solution, i tried to install tomcat6 but i keep
getting "Could not reserve enough space for object heap" error. This is
kind of strange because my server is a vps with 8GB of shared memory,
with just 50mb free but more than 4GB are in cache so there should be no
problem.

Then i found out that privvmpages was the problem, i get huge failcnt
values. So, i don't know why, but seems that the vps has some weird
limitations. But when i use the "bundled" tomcat (wich i use for almost
a year), that problem don't seem to happen, just those library errors.

But this time i need to upgrade jdk, because i need to deploy a webapp
that uses lots of annotations, wich is java 1.5+ feature, and i'm using
1.4.2. I'm considering switching host and upgrade to a dedicated server,
but rigth now my budget is kind of short, so i realy need to get on with
this one... Any help???

Sorry for this super newbie questions, but my client is always asking
"why isn't my site online yet?" and i'm freaking with this problem...

RE: Startup errors

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.