Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Antony MA <an...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/29 05:00:37 UTC

adding http session to SOAP

Hi ,

 After reviewing my code, I would suggest a few changes
to SOAP src in order to associate a client session using
cookie.

Suggestion I

 1. overload Call.invoke(URL url, String SOAPActionURI)
    by adding Call.invoke(URL url, String SOAPActionURI,
String sessionID)

 2. add getSessionID() into Envelope

 3. in SOAPHTTPConnection , before sending request headers

check for SessionID

 4. if exist send the header with cookie.

OR

 Suggestion II

 We may add a new objet to manage session, let name it
sessionMgr and use a Hashtable to store each sessionID from
clients. However, I am unable to select a good key for this
hashtable.

 please comment on these suggestions.

 Antony

http://auctions.yahoo.com/