Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Clifton Craig <cc...@gbg.com> on 2006/05/10 20:01:43 UTC

Using Plexus javac Compiler for Groovy

Out of curiosity, why won't this work?

            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <verbose>true</verbose>
                    <fork>true</fork>
                    <executable>${GROOVY_HOME}/bin/groovyc</executable>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

I thought since the groovy compiler (groovyc) has an identcal but slimmed down
version of the javac cmd line args it would just drop in. when I run "mvn
test" with this compiler config I get no output classes and no indication of
failure of any sort. I'm having trouble as the docs on the plexus stuff are
lacking. I guess it would probably be better to just try the groovy plugin
huh?