Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Vasily Pozhidaev <va...@paneris.org> on 2004/02/03 19:05:19 UTC

User attribute mapping

Hello,

Suppose I have messageboard portlet.
My web application declared user attribute called "user.name.nickName"
in portlet.xml.
JSR168 requires that user attributes declared by web application should
be
mapped at deployment stage to internal portal attribute names.
But is it allowed to map user attribute on portlet location level
(portlet window)?
So that attribute "user.name.nickName" for messageboard portlet will
have different values on various pages for same user.
Like it is done on groups.msn.com (you can have various nicks for
different communities).

Vasily Pozhidaev

Re: User attribute mapping

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
yes, that would be a valid implementation, as the spec only requires to
map the user.name.nickname to some internal representation say
internalNickName. This internalNickName may have different values for
different windows. As the Map with the user information is attached to
the request the portlet can get always a new Map that depends on the
current window.

Stefan