Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Philippe Pithon <pp...@sigal.fr> on 2011/01/07 11:02:28 UTC

FOP 1.0 line feed not visible

Hi,
A little problem with FOP 1.0 (it's works with FOP 0.20.5)
if I have linefeed (exa 0A) in XML node text, it's not visible in PDF result
Any ideas ?
Philippe Pithon

XML :
------
<DESIGNATION>line 1 (0A)
line 2 (0A)
line 3 (0A)
</DESIGNATION>

XSL :
------
<fo:block color="#000000" font-family="Helvetica" font-size="10px"
hyphenate="true" language="fr" text-align="left"
white-space-collapse="false">
<xsl:value-of select="child::DESIGNATION"/>
</fo:block>

Re: FOP 1.0 line feed not visible

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 07 Jan 2011, at 12:20, Peter Hancock wrote:

Hi Philippe, Pete,

>> A little problem with FOP 1.0 (it's works with FOP 0.20.5)
>> if I have linefeed (exa 0A) in XML node text, it's not visible in PDF result
>> Any ideas ?

> I think perhaps the linefeed-treatment='preserve' property on the
> fo:block may be what you require.
> See  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#linefeed-treatment
> for more detail.

That's correct, however, FOP 1.0 still has an issue when combining preserved linefeeds with hyphenate="true", so you will also want to remove that attribute from the block (or switch to FOP Trunk, where that issue was fixed a few weeks ago).

Regards

Andreas

RE: FOP 1.0 line feed not visible

Posted by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com>.
Building is easy lol.
I downloaded the FOP 1.0 source.
Then I extracted the source to a folder.
Then I selected the New Project option in Eclipse "from existing Ant
build file" and named the project fop-1.0 to match the folder.
Then I had to run ant on the build.xml to create java files in the
gensrc folder.
Then I configured the build path to add ant and jai_core.
Then it compiled.
Then I had to put a copy of the Junit, Jai, and Xmlunit jars in the fop
lib folder to run the full ant build.
I actually downloaded ant as source to link to the fop build path so
that's also full of fun dependancies.
To get the ant project to compile I had to link jars for jai_codec,
jai_core, mail, and NetRexxC, and I added it's other project
dependancies as source also which include log4j, bcel, bsf,
commons-logging, commons-net, jakarta-oro, jakarta-regexp, jdepend,
jsch, junit, xalan, xml-commons-resolver.
Of course importing dependancies as source is the hard way.  It may give
you the ability to do some more things most people likely don't need to
do?  You could just copy in the ant.jar to build.

Posted by Philippe Pithon <pp...@sigal.fr>.
I try fop-20110113.jar this morning

It's works fine now

Thanks Jeremias

Philippe Pithon

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Thanks for noticing. This was broken by:
...and is now fixed by:

There was a comment there saying not to change HashMap to Map, but it
seems it got overlooked.

On 12.01.2011 12:06:03 Philippe Pithon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use now FOP Trunk Snapshot (20110110) and barcode4j-fop-ext-complete.jar
>
> With FOP 1.0, barcode works fine but in trunk, there is an error
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Philippe Pithon
>

> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: foObjs
>      at
> org.krysalis.barcode4j.fop.BarcodeElementMapping.initialize(BarcodeElementMapping.java:49)
>      at
> org.krysalis.barcode4j.fop.BarcodeElementMapping.<init>(BarcodeElementMapping.java:39)
>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>      at
>      at
>      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>      at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
>      at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
>      at
> org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMappingRegistry.addElementMapping(ElementMappingRegistry.java:97)
>      at
> org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMappingRegistry.setupDefaultMappings(ElementMappingRegistry.java:80)
>      at
> org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMappingRegistry.<init>(ElementMappingRegistry.java:67)
>      at org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.<init>(FopFactory.java:162)
>      at org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newInstance(FopFactory.java:185)
>

> XSL usecase:
>
> <fo:instream-foreign-object>
> <barcode:barcode msg="{$TOTAL}" orientation="-90">
> <barcode:code39>
> <barcode:height>32pt</barcode:height>
> </barcode:code39>
> </barcode:barcode>
> </fo:instream-foreign-object>

Jeremias Maerki

FOP Trunk Snapshot (fop-20110110.jar) : barcode4j

Posted by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippe,

PDFRender was removed from FOP in rev 989178 of trunk (along with the
other renders
 along with AFPRender, PCLRender and PSRender.)
PDFPainter (and other collaborators) now implements the functionality
previously handled by PDFRender.
Some information about the new architecture is available at
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/intermediate.html

I hope that helps,

Peter

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.

Posted by Philippe Pithon <pp...@sigal.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Posted by Philippe Pithon <pp...@sigal.fr>.
Thanks ! good news !

I'll try...FOP Trunk

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 07/01/2011 13:10, Philippe Pithon wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Philippe,

> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/knownissues_overview.html
>
> "block_hyphenation_linefeed_preserve.xml (Hyphenation with preserved
> linefeeds):
> When hyphenation is enabled and linefeeds are preserved, the text is
> output multiple times."

Andreas already answered this question on 7th January. hyphenation
doesn't work in combination with linefeed-treatment="preserve"

> How can I bypass this problem ?

Download the source of FOP Trunk and compile. The bug has been fixed there.

Thanks,

Chris

> Philippe Pithon
>

> Le 07/01/2011 13:20, Philippe Pithon a écrit :
>> Thanks, it's works with linefeed-treatment="preserve" but....
>>
>> if I add attributs : hyphenate="true" and language="fr"
>>
>> the result is strange : text is write twice
>>
>> there is a conflict with linefeed-treatment and hyphenate ???
>>

>> Philippe Pithon

<snip/>

Re: FOP 1.0 line feed not visible

Posted by Philippe Pithon <pp...@sigal.fr>.