Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/06 17:33:44 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

I am closing the Vote for the Release Candidate 2, 72 hours are over.
The Vote is considered to be positive, it received:

5 PPMC +1:
solomax, albus, vdegtyatev, dkandrov, iarkh

Wider Community: 1 times +1Keiji Ono
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/110663155990390189344?prsrc=4>

1 time -1:

Peter Dähn

The VOTE thread is here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-openmeetings-dev/201207.mbox/%3CCACeMiA-ibo6fGCbnLjJX9H5H2kFGDVJRMfxPyMtzWzCWNi%2BpOg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I would also like to ship "bug free release", but unfortunately it is
impossible.
Last few releases were tested/voted in the manner I personally do not like:
1) no testing/issues during development phase
2) lots of "last day" show stoppers right after the VOTE is begin

I would prefer to release 3.0.1 in next 2 weeks than wait another month and
2-5 RC until everybody will be happy.

I'll try to resolve current recording issues in the nearest 1-2 weeks, then
will update demo with this version and we will perform another testing
round(s) to satisfy everybody.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Nobody else is reporting any errors because nobody else is using it.
I literally have not been able to create a single working recording with
that release.
And I see major issues in the CPU usage that are un-explained. If that kind
of behavior is reproduce able on other machines you can simply not use the
software.
I am sorry that I do not have the time and resources to do that kind of
validation by myself.
The risk associated with it are just too big. I cannot give a positive vote
for that.

Sebastian

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.