Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Szabo, Patrick (LNG-VIE)" <pa...@lexisnexis.at> on 2010/11/30 12:42:27 UTC

cocoon on ubuntu 10.4 server

Hi,

I'm new to linux and cocoon so plz excuse me if my questions are dumb.
We are currently running cocoon, tomcat on an old debian (etchy) server
and i was told to port all that to a more actual version of linux.

I've installed Ubuntu 10.4 Server and with it Tomcat6 (there was an
option during the setup of ubuntu)

Then i wanted to install cocoon and i found this tutorial:

http://www.quinndombrowski.com/blog/2010/10/11/installing-cocoon-on-ubun
tu-10-04-or-10-10/

I followed it.

Problems start here:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org

At first i chose archetype: 3, groupID: cocoon, artifactID: cocoon,
value for version: 1.0.0 and value for package: cocoon. (didn't really
know what to enter)

When i do mvn jetty:run i get an error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Webapp source directory /cocoon/target/cocoon-1.0.0 does not
exist
[INFO]

After that i wanted to try mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org
again and choose 2 instead of 3 (like the tutorial says) but i got an
error saying Webapp source directory does not exist.

What am i supposed to ?!

Can anyohne help me ?!

Is there a way to uninstall all the stuff again and start over ?!

Thx in advance !

Kind regards.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Patrick Szabo
 XSLT-Entwickler
LexisNexis
Marxergasse 25, 1030 Wien

mailto:patrick.szabo@lexisnexis.at
Tel.: +43 (1) 534 52 - 1573
Fax: +43 (1) 534 52 - 146

Re: AW: cocoon on ubuntu 10.4 server

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.
The same page I was referring to earlier also explains this well. Just
produce a WAR file and deploy that to your servlet engine.

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.