Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Cauhape <jp...@detr.nv.gov> on 2019/05/03 19:26:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Simple file listing issue in browser, 2.2 vs 2.4

Folks,

This is probably a simple issue, but so far I haven't found anything in the
doc that addresses this directly.

A user has pointed out that a listing of a directory on one system running
Apache 2.2.3 shows files with their details - mod time, file size, etc., while
a nearly identical set up (pathnames differ) on a system running Apache 2.4.29
shows only the file names with no other details.

The files ownership and permissions are the same.
Files are accessible in both cases.
Configuration info in the httpd.conf files are identical. "Options +Indexes", etc.

How do I get 2.4.29 to display the other file attributes besides the name?

Jeffrey Cauhape - IT Professional III - Linux and Solaris Administrator
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
(775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@detr.nv.gov<ma...@detr.nv.gov>

[users@httpd] Re: Simple file listing issue in browser, 2.2 vs 2.4

Posted by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hi,

I mean "IndexOptions" [1], not "Options +Indexes".
IndexOptions is used to control the output of mod_autoindex.

It can be used with SuppressLastModified, SuppressSize (if FancyIndexing
is also applied, details in [1]) in order to tweak the output.

The Order allow,deny stuff is not an issue.
This syntax is not recommended for 2.4, but:
    - either you have mod_access_compat loaded [2] and this syntax is
supported by 2.4.x
    - either you should have a syntax error in your conf file at startup
In your case, the server starts so, the syntax is supported.

CJ

[1]:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexoptions
[2]: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_access_compat.html

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Simple file listing issue in browser, 2.2 vs 2.4

Posted by Jim Weill <mo...@icsi.berkeley.edu>.
I know the docs say mixing 2.2 and 2.4 directives is not recommended:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html

I don't know if that might affect the listing you're expecting, though.  I
know RHEL uses SELinux for access control, but Solaris has its own similar
methods.  Might be likely you need to relax whatever Solaris is doing to
get the results you're looking for.

jim

Posted by Jim Weill <mo...@icsi.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.