Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ron Chan <rc...@i-tao.com> on 2006/12/18 22:31:06 UTC

S2 v Stripes

here's an interesting post about S2
http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/12/struts_2_is_the_new_mini.html

however it is being shot down in the comments by how much better Stripes is
:(

what say you to the statement
"Try stripes out for a couple of days, and then you'll be asking 'What does
Struts 2 have that Stripes doesn't'"?

Re: S2 v Stripes

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Personally, I think it is the wrong question.  What should be being
asked is how can Struts 2 and Stripes work together more, or ideally,
merge to create the better framework.  We started Struts 2 with the
idea of let's stop re-inventing the wheel.  The idea of an
Action-driven web framework has, in my opinion, been fundamentally
solved with the leftovers just icing on the cake.   We've been trying
to reach out to not only the WebWork 2 community, but other
frameworks, including Stripes.  In fact, the new zero configuration
features in Struts 2 come directly from Stripes code thanks to the
generous APL.

When I look at Stripes, I see a lot more similarity than differences,
and I think as time goes on, our feature sets will continue to
converge.  Why not go all the way and join forces?

Don