Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2007/08/27 10:23:07 UTC

Re: AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

Michael Baessler wrote:
> Torsten Zesch wrote:
>>> we would like to show-case the benefit of UIMA with a short simple
>>> application. This application should run as a Mozilla Firefox plugin
>>> to analyze the currently loaded web page in the browser and
>>> highlight the detected annotations. It should be easy to configure
>>> so that users can plug in their own analysis components to highlight
>>> the entities of their choice.
>>>

>> This sounds like an interesting application - even for the academic
>> world.
>> I can contribute some experience with Firefox Addons and JavaScript.
>>
>> There are already some Firefox addons for highlighting various things
>> available, so we can build on that.
>>
>> Easy plugin of own analysis components seems to depend on the PEAR
>> run-time. I hope that it will make it into the 2.2. release.
> Yes the PEAR runtime will be in UIMA 2.2.
>
> Thanks for your interest.
>
> -- Michael
Since now the UIMA 2.2.0-incubating release is available (including the
PEAR runtime), we can start implementing this application.
Are there still some people interested in participating in this?

-- Michael

Re: AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

Posted by Steve Suppe <ss...@llnl.gov>.
I'm being guiltlessly selfish - unfortunately I don't have the strokes
right now to help out, but would love it if you guys could keep us posted
on the work!

Steve

RE: AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

Posted by Torsten Zesch <ze...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

> Since now the UIMA 2.2.0-incubating release is available
> (including the
> PEAR runtime), we can start implementing this application.
> Are there still some people interested in participating in this?

We are still interested.

As I wrote some time ago, we can contribute some experience with Firefox
Addons and JavaScript.

-Torsten